Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Empties #6 (Foundations & Concealers)




Hello my beauties, 

Today I have another empties! If you read my Goals & Resolutions 2017 on my Lifestyle Blog, (If you missed it you can click on the link here - Goals & Resolutions 2017 It will open into another window) then you will know that one of my resolutions is to incorporate minimalism into my life. To do this I am in the process of going through everything I own and deciding what I love & want to keep in my life. This means I have empties that I need to share with you before I can rid of them! 

I also mentioned in Blogmas #5 || Empties (You can click on the link to check it out if you missed it) that my last Empties post was in march so I have a box of stuff which I has just been growing & growing in the past year! I've decided to break them up into categories as, yes, I have that much to get through. Again this will be a long post, grab a cuppa & make yourself comfy!! 

Here go! Lets get started! 

Loreal True Match Foundation

Ok you probably heard me bang on about this foundation enough already. Its my holy grail, I have one on the go at the moment & I have a back up... I may have a problem haha!




Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

This is another fave of mine. I actually didn't know until I went through my empties bin that I had 3 of them! I do really like this foundation though & would repurchase it!



Revlon ColourStay Foundation

This one actually featured in a favourites post for November 2014!! If you would like a throwback then you can check it out here & all the reasons I like it - November Favourites 2014  I don't prefer it to the Loreal True Match or The Rimmel Match Perfection but I would repurchase this product again. 




Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation

This Foundation, along with Loreal True Match & Rimmel Match Perfection were all featured in a Current Top 5 Drugstore / Highstreet Foundations in July 2014! Click here if you want to read a full review on why I like them all - Current Top 5 Drugstore/Highstreet Foundations - July 2014 My feelings have not changed on any of them!!






Me Me Me - Flawless Cream Foundation

In hind-sight I probably didn't give this product a fair test. I've had it for the longest time... probably even before I started blogging & the colour of it was much too dark for me so I just never reached for it. Now it is well out of date. Would I repurchase it again? I don't think so. I mean the couple of times I used it I liked it. Maybe if I could get it in my colour I would give it another go but I'm not pushed. If any of you use this can you please let me know your thoughts in the comments below!





Maxfactor Pan Stik

Ah this is a nostalgia product for me! I think it was probably the first foundation I ever owned or wore (Not this particular tube obviously) Even the smell of this takes me back. I actually hate throwing this away, more of a sentimental value more than anything else but to be honest this is out of date now & even if it wasn't it just doesn't agree with my skin anymore. My skin is way too dry for this product & this product just seems to highlight my dryness & make it worse. Sorry my old friend but you gots to go! Maybe this year I will try a new maxfactor foundation. One that will work with my skin but still have that nostalgic smell!! Let me know your foundation recommendations from this brand down below! 


Essence Stay All Day 16H Concealer

Can you tell I like this product. This product has been featured many times on this blog between favourites & other empties posts. I have been using this product for about 2 years now & I have nothing bad to say about it. It works really well with my skin & highlights well under the eyes. I will say I do not have a huge problem with creasing under the eyes in general but I have never had a problem with this product. This product reminds me a lot of the Collection Perfection Concealer, another firm favourite of mine! I have empties in both the old & the new packaging & I'm currently working my way through a new one at the moment.



Essence Stay Natural Concealer

This is one I would not repurchase again. I thought it was going to be like the Loreal Paris Magique Lumi Concealer or the Maybelline Lumi Concealer but its not at all. Its too dark to highlight for me and the consistancy just isn't the same.




Seventeen Phwoarr Paint

I really liked this product!! I think its great for concealing dark circles!! I'm pretty sure this featured in a favourites post or a current makeup routine post at some stage. This is a product I'm sad to see the back of. I will be repurchasing this at some stage!




NYX HD Concealer

I hauled this about 2 years ago in my first ever NYX haul! I remember being so excited by seeing a NYX stand in Ireland.. roll on 2 years later and we are now lucky enough to have them in almost every town or city! I really liked this concealer. I have heard that it is supposed to be comparable to the NAKED concealers but I have yet to try them! Still though this is a product I would repurchase.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

As I have mentioned above, a firm favourite that I will always repurchase! 






There you have it, Concealers & foundations all cleaned out. Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these & what were your thoughts. Also let me know if you have any recommendations for new foundations or concealers for me to try out!!




Chat soon x


Thank You for Reading
xox

Previous Posts -

Have you checked out my Lifestyle Blog!? Beauty La Linda - Lifestyle
Previous Posts -

No comments:

Post a Comment