Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Beauty Hangover Survival Kit - Part #1 (Skin Care)


Hello my darlings,

So as we all know not only is this season known for eating your entire body weight in a short period of time but also it is the PARTY season. This means recovery tactics need to be put in place immediately! I have come up my tactics (from a beauty point of view) for 2 different senarios.

Part #1 that wonderful time when you have the next day off to die alone within close proximity to a toilet.....

Part #2 when you have absolutely no option but to get up and pretend to look and act like a normal functioning human being who has not given their liver the what for the night before.



* I would like to add as a disclaimer that I am in noway encouraging alcohol consumption or intoxication but lets be real it happens so instead I am going to try and be your little fairy god mother and help you through this difficult time. #puttingoutfireseverywhere

Today we are going to be focusing on senario #1


There is no better feeling that to know you have an entire 24 hours to recover from a good night out. Anyone who has spent anytime in college or who has had to work the next day will know this feeling very well. From spending 4 years in college and working in the Hospitality Industry I have had to devise a set of tactics in order to survive the next day.

Non - beauty related Survival  

When you have no commitments the next day there is not much to think about. Water, Painkillers, couch, blanket, Tv, Phone (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) & number of the local take-away, (that delivers!)

Beauty Related   

Now I know when you wake up the last thing you are thinking about is skincare but once you have managed to open your eyes and "the fear" has passed , you will probably realise that you never took off your make-up before falling into bed the night before?? Am I right?? Yes we all do it but as we get older our skin takes longer and longer to recover so aim to to do this as little as possible.

The day after a night out I like to do proper clease and moisturise (When I have my motor skills working again of course).

The most important thing to remember is RE-HYDRATE. Alcohol is de-hydrating, now mix this in with a full face of make-up, sweating (dancing) and bad air quality and your skin really didn't have as much fun as you did the night before.  

This is my routine



Remove all that eye make-up and lash glue. These days I have been using Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-up Remover. I have been really liking it and will be having a full review of it up very soon.







Remove the rest of your face. For this I have been using Garnier Micellar Cleansing water. I have already done a full review. If you would like to check it out just click on the link here - Link









Exfoliate if needed. If your have dry skin you may need to light exfoliate any dry patches. If possible I would leave this until the next day as you skin is already sensitive enough on a hangover. We are trying to repair not aggravate. For this I have been using Boots Essentials Facial Scrub. Its gentle but gets the job done!  






Cleanse Your face. I'm always switch up my cleansers but at the moment I am using the DermaV10 Q10  Innovations Deep Cleansing Milk. A review of this will also be coming soon.









Use a toner. This is what restores the PH balance of your skin from all that cleansing. The one I am currently using for this job is Tesco Refreshing Toner with cucumber extract.  














Apply an Eye Cream. The one I am using at the moment is the Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Gel. I like it as it is cooling and hydrating at the same time.













Add a Serum. The one I am currently using and really enjoying is the Lacura Aqua Complete Multi Intensive Serum .














Apply an Oil. The one I am loving at the moment  is The Argan Oil Night Serum. I love the smell and it absorbs quickly.











Next a deeply moisturising night cream. The one I have been using at the moment is the DermaV10 Night Cream.








Finally add a nourising lip balm - Loving Balmi at the mo.















And Also a hand cream - Im using Vaseline Healthy Hands + Stronger Nails. 











* you could also add a mask in here if you felt like going all out. but a guarantee your skin will be grateful enough as it is.  





I promise you after that and the next morning you will feel like you old self again and you will be thankful in later years that you made an effort to look after your skin!!





If you want to check out Part #2 just click here - Link 





Have you got any holy grail products you like to use on a hangover??



Happy Holidays!!

Thank You For Reading
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment